How to remove devices and control account access
Hulu employs industry best practices to ensure that your account information is secure, and you also have the ability to control and manage access to your account. If you notice any outdated or unfamiliar devices on your Account page, you can easily remove them to log the device(s) out. The next time the app is opened on a device that was removed, a username and password will be required to login.
To remove activated devices from your account:
- Follow the steps above to view your activated devices
- Click Remove next to any devices that you no longer use or recognize
If you’re removing a device from your account that you don’t recognize, consider resetting your password and/or changing your email address to be safe. Prefer to cancel your account and get a fresh start? Learn how to complete the process here.
How to log out of all computers
You can also log out anyone with access to your account on Hulu.com. Remove individual web browsers by following the steps above, or you log out all computers with access to your account in one fell swoop.
To log out of all computers:
- Go to your Account page and log in if prompted
- Look for the Your Account section. Under Privacy and Settings, select Protect Your Account
- On the next pop-up screen, click Log Out Of All Computers to log out all web browsers except the one that you’re currently using .